Dressage rider Charlotte Lutener has ridden since the age of four and developed a passion for dressage at the age of 13. In 2019, Charlotte has achieved three Regional titles and 6th place at the 2019 LeMieux National Championships.
If you hadn’t been a rider which career path would you have taken?
- My Dad yacht races so I would have probably got involved in sailing to fuel my competitive spirit.
Do you have a nick name or used to and if so what was/is it and why?
- Lottie… for obvious reasons.
Are you addicted to anything?
- No although baking and eating cakes is a guilty pleasure.
Which guests dead or alive would you invite to a dinner party?
- Jack Whitehall, Georgia Toffolo and I would love to have dinner with my grandad who I sadly never met.
Best piece of advice that anyone has ever given you?
- You only get one chance to make a first impression.
Best advice you have given or could give someone?
- Be kind and believe in yourself.
Favourite meal and tipple?
- I am not a big drinker so would take a cup of tea over anything and my Grandma’s meat and potato pie has to be my favourite meal.
If you could be invisible for the day what would you do?
- I think it would be awesome to watch some of the best rider’s train as you learn so much from watching … but I would also love to play tricks on my best friend!
What is your favourite programme and why?
- Casualty as I love the drama!
Your favourite film and why?
-Mamma Mia as it is just the perfect feel good film.
- Most definitely Shawn Mendes and it’s not much of a secret!
What’s your top training tip?
- Listen, take advice and criticism on board and always put your horse first!
Who do you most admire?
- I think Simone Biles the American gymnast is a huge inspiration to athletes in any sport as she is a true example of dedication, commitment and passion to the sport she loves.
Last equestrian item you bought?
- Winter weight breeches!
What makes you cry?
- Usually a soppy romantic comedy.
Who or what couldn't you live without?
- My dogs, horses and Yorkshire tea!
Which horse (dead or alive) would you love to own and why?
-Definitely Valegro! He really is one of a kind!
Finally tell us what makes Childéric so special?
- I absolutely adore my Childéric saddles, they are beautifully made and fit both myself and my horses perfectly, the freedom they give my horses is exceptional allowing us to always perform at our best. The service from Childéric is second to none, where else can you buy top class saddles with the best service to match?