We asked international dressage rider Charlotte Dicker some quick fire questions recently and discovered her secret crush and what she’s really addicted to!
If you hadn’t been a rider which career path would you have taken?
- If I wasn’t riding, I would love to have been a barrister. Alternately, I love the presentation of the horses, so a high competition groom would also have been another option.
Do you have a nick name or used to and if so, what was/is it and why?
- I’m often called anything around the yard, anything which may get my attention! My grandmother often gets her names in a muddle, so I could be my auntie, cousin or any other of the staff!
Are you addicted to anything?
- Buying too many things for my horses!
Which guest’s dead or alive would you invite to a dinner party?
- My grandmother Jennie! She’s hilarious!
Best piece of advice that anyone has ever given you?
- Don’t fall off! Hold on tight and don’t let go!
Best advice you have given or could give someone?
- Avoid breaking your back at all costs.
Favourite meal and tipple?
- Can’t beat a roast dinner! A rare G&T doesn’t go a miss!
If you could be invisible for the day what would you do?
- Sit with numerous trainers for the day.
What is your favourite programme and why?
- Silent Witness, I enjoy a good thriller.
Your favourite film and why?
- I really enjoyed watching ‘A Star is Born’ it gave me a very different insight into the other professions of the world.
- Zac Efron, but who’s isn’t?!
What’s your top training tip?
- Every horse is different, and in that you have to approach every horse with a blank canvas and set yourself training targets over time.
Who do you most admire?
- Carl Hester, I appreciate that in this industry money is often stereotyped to get you places. I think Carl has achieved so much from making his name entirely himself. Obviously support along the way helps tremendously, but he has come from a very ordinary background.
Last equestrian item you bought?
- My amazing Childéric saddle!
What makes you cry?
- Happiness… Emotions. I try not to often!
Who or what couldn't you live without?
- I now wouldn’t be able to live without my Childéric saddle!
Which horse (dead or alive) would you love to own and why?
- Dutch Courage, he is an amazing type of a horse, I wish I could’ve ridden him.
Finally tell us what makes Childéric so special?
- I admire the dedication and attention to detail from all the team at Childéric. I am so proud to be amongst the team. Not only the team, but the saddles themselves are divine and I haven’t ridden in such comfort! Which for me now, after my injury is paramount that both I and the horses are in the most comfort.